The Kerala unit of the BJP has called for a shutdown in the state after a party activist was hacked to death on Wednesday at Pinarayi town of Kannur district. The party has called for the shutdown to be observed from 6 am to 6 pm on Thursday.
BJP activist Ramit’s murder follows the killing of a CPM member on Monday. There has been a string of political killings in Kerala as BJP-RSS workers clash with CPM workers on a regular basis.
Wednesday’s incident marks seventh such killing this year so far. Responding to it, Kerala BJP spokesperson MS Kumar told news agency ANI: “Very unfortunate report from Kannur that a BJP activist was killed by CPM terrorist; we strongly protest this.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Reportedly Rambit’s father was also killed by CPM workers in 2002.