Beedi tycoon Muhammed Nisham, convicted for killing a security guard by beating him and ramming his Hummer SUV into him, has allegedly threatened his brothers from jail using his mobile phone. Two of his brothers have filed a complaint before the Thrissur Rural Superintendent of Police, R Nishantini, alleging that Nisham had threatened them from Central jail in Kannur, where he is lodged, by calling from his mobile phone.
Meanwhile, media reports claimed that Nisham frequently gets in touch with his business associates, wife and other relatives, using mobile phones. Top police sources said the matter would be looked up by the Director General of Police, Prisons.
Reacting to the reports, Opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala said it was a matter of concern that Nisham was getting VIP treatment in the prison. He also demanded stern action against officials who provided him “silent support”. Earlier, police had ordered a probe into allegations that special treatment was being provided by prison authorities to Nisham, who is serving 24 year imprisonment.
Nisham had rammed his Hummer against security guard Chandrabose (51) after brutally beating him up as he was reportedly angry over the delay in opening the main gates of the posh residential complex ‘Shobha city’ in Thrissur in the early hours of January 29 last year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More