Elections to the three-tier local governing bodies in Kerala would be held on November 2 and 5, announced the state election commission
The results will be declared on November 7, said the state Election Commissioner K Sasidharan Nair.
Elections will be held for the 941 village panchayats, 152 block panchayats, 14 district panchayats, six corporations and 86 municipalities.
- Left knocks Congress out in Kerala civic polls, BJP marches in
- Kerala civic polls: UDF suffers setback, BJP makes inroads
- Kerala civic poll results: LDF takes lead, big gains for BJP
- Polling underway for Kerala civic polls
- Kerala local body polls: Amit Shah discusses seat-sharing with Ezhava outfit
- UDF wins big in Kerala local body polls
The elections have become significant after BJP started reaching out to Hindu outfit Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalana Yogam to form an alliance.
The SNDP Yogam has sought 30 per cent of the total seats.
BJP sources said seats to SNDP Yogam would be decided only after weighing the winning ability of their nominees.
The poll outcome is crucial for the SNDP Yogam which is looking to play a greater role in the upcoming state assembly election next May.