Even with unrest in the Valley refusing to die down for months and locals taking on security forces regularly during protests, villagers of Lasjan Sunday came out to help the Army after their vehicle met with an accident on the outskirts of Srinagar city. They also helped to evacuate an injured soldier.
Later, the Army’s Northern Command thanked the people of Lasjan for the humanitarian act. “Army thanks the local youth for rescue of soldiers stuck in an accident vehicle near Pantha Chowk Srinagar,” Army’s Northern Command tweeted Sunday.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
On Sunday, an Army vehicle skidded off the road and hit a tree. The villagers of Lasjan rushed to the help of the Army and rescued an injured soldier trapped inside the vehicle. An Army spokesperson said there were no major injuries in the accident.
While the people called the rescue a humanitarian effort and “real Kashmiriyat”, the incident had its political overtones as well. The video shot during the rescue showed a youth telling the Army men: “Chalo ab Kashmiri ko goli maro (Come, fire at a Kashmiri now).” “They will still beat Kashmiris,” shouted another as the injured soldier was brought down from the truck.