A WOMAN of around 50 was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district Friday evening.
Pulwama SSP Rayees Ahmad Bhat said prima facie the incident does not appear to have any political connection.
Zaiba Bano, alias Baby Jan, a resident of Naina Batpora village of Pulwama, was killed when the gunmen barged into her home around 7 pm and shot her several times from point-blank range, a police official said.
She was declared dead on arrival at sub-district hospital in Bijbehara, where Dr Showkat Ahmad, the medical superintendent, said, “She had firearm injury on her hip, chest and arm.”
School set on fire
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In Anantnag district of south Kashmir, a private school was set ablaze Friday evening —the 21st school burnt in recent weeks in the Valley. Police officials Iqra English Medium School in Batgund area of Dooru Verinag was set on fire by unknown people around 9 pm.