A youth died after police fired teargas shells to disperse protesters at Nasrullahpora village in central Kashmir’s Budgam district Friday, locals said. Police, however, claimed that the youth died of a heart attack. The locals alleged that the CRPF and police chased a group of youths at Nasrullah pora, when Junaid Ahmad Mir was hit by a teargas shell.
Watch what else is making news:
The police denied the allegation and said Mir died due to cardiac arrest. “Junaid was brought dead to the hospital. As per doctors, prima facie he died of cardiac arrest as there are no marks on his body,’’ a police spokesman said. The superintendent of JVC hospital said people who brought in the body did not allow an autopsy to be conducted.
Meanwhile, the police claimed to have arrested 72 people from different parts of the Valley. The government had imposed restrictions in the old city to quell protests during Friday prayers.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016