Air traffic at Srinagar Airport was affected for the fifth consecutive day on Monday as no flight could operate due to poor visibility.
No flight operations took place Monday as the visibility was very poor, Director, Airports Authority of India (AII), Srinagar Airport, Sharad Kumar told PTI here.
Kumar said the visibility at the runway was only 600 metres leading to cancellation of all flights for the day.
The requirement (for landing and take-off) is 1.3 km, while it (visibility) was only about 600 metre.
So all the flights for the day have been cancelled, he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
It was for the fifth consecutive day that the flight operations were affected at the airport.
The flight operations were first affected in the afternoon on Thursday.
The next day no flights operated from the airport.
On Saturday, only two flights landed at the airport which then took off and no flight operations took place at the airport yesterday as well.