Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday said Kashmir is the “core issue” between India and Pakistan and its resolution would ensure durable peace in the region. “Kashmir issue must be resolved according to the UN resolutions as per the commitments made by the Indian Government,” Sharif told British National Security Adviser Sir Mark Lyall Grant, who called on him at PM House in Islamabad.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
Sharif said Kashmir is the “core issue” between India and Pakistan and its resolution would ensure durable peace in the region as he urged the world to take note of alleged human rights violations there, officials said. “The world community must take a note of the grave human rights violations and atrocities” in Kashmir, he said and claimed that over hundred people have been brutally killed, hundreds have been blinded by the use of pellet guns while thousands have been injured in the last few months alone. Sharif said that Pakistan is peace loving country and pursues the policy of maintaining friendly relationships with all its neighbours, they said.
Grant appreciated his policy of reaching out to the neighbours for establishing cordial relationships with them. “We encourage and support your efforts for peaceful cooperation with your neighbouring countries,” Grant said. He said that the commitment of political government and armed forces, supported by the people of Pakistan have resulted into phenomenal victory against terrorism, referring to operation ‘Zarb-e-Azb’ in the northwestern tribal region.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Grant congratulated the Prime Minister on successfully completing the IMF support programme and achieving macroeconomic stability. The British NSA also called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif at army headquarters on Monday. “Matters of mutual interest and regional security came under discussion. The visiting dignitary acknowledged the significant achievements made by Pakistan in their fight against terrorism and continued efforts for regional peace and stability,” said a statement issued by the army.