The Karnataka government has no plans to take control of temples or ‘maths’ in the state, Minister for Muzrai (Religious Endowment) Rudrappa Manappa Lamani has said. He was speaking to reporters after attending the 49th anniversary function of the ascension of Veerendra Heggade to the post of ‘Dharmasthala Dharmadhikari’ at Dharmasthala in the district Monday. Lamani said there was no proposal before the government to appoint an endowment officer to control the Sree Ramachandrapura Math at Hosanagar in Shivamogga district.
He said an individual had filed a public interest litigation in the Karnataka High Court regarding the math and the state counsel would give the government’s opinion in this regard.
The government do not want to intervene in the administration of religious institutions, Lamani said, adding that there are no plans to take control of Kudroli Sri Gokarnanatheshwara temple in Mangaluru.
He said committees were being formed to manage temples under the Muzrai department.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The courts had stayed the formation of committees in six out of the 60 temples under the department and the process would be completed soon after clearing the hurdles.
Religious councils are also being formed at the district level, the minister added.