Railways Tuesday formed a 12-member team of GRP personnel to investigate the Indore-Patna Express derailment which has left 148 passengers dead and over 100 injured. DSP GRP Jhansi will head the team, Director General Railways Gopal Gupta said.
An FIR has already been registered against unidentified railway employees under section 304A (causing death by negligence), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 of IPC at the GRP police station at Bhimsen railway station,
When asked about a broken track led to the derailment, Gupta said no evidence in this regard has been found. Maintaining that no evidence has been found so far about involvement of any terror outfit or explosion in the case, the DG said any conclusion can be reached only after the probe completes.
The train’s passengers are being questioned in connection with the probe but as the incident occurred around 3 AM most of them were asleep and are not in the state to provide details, he said. Seven bodies have not been identified so far, Gupta said.
When asked about some reports that a fish plate was found uprooted at the accident spot, the officer said he has no information about it. 148 people have died after the Indore-Patna Express derailed here in Kanpur rural area just a little after 0300 hours on November 20.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More