The more Rohiths you kill, more will emerge from every house: Kanhaiya Kumar

Kanhaiya Kumar: "I am not a politician, I am a student. I have no intention of joining mainstream politics or contesting any election."

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Updated: March 5, 2016 9:25 am
Kanhaiya Kumar, Kanhaiya speech, JNU, Kanhaiya JNU speech, Kanhaiya Kumar JNU speech, Kanhaiya latest, JNU latest, India news, latest news JNUSU President Kanhaiya Kumar with the union Vice President Shehla Rashid addresses a news conference at the JNU campus in New Delhi on Friday. (PTI Photo)

JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar Friday asserted that Dalit research scholar Rohith Vemula, and not Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, was his idol.

“You ask what Afzal Guru means to me. According to the Indian Constitution, Afzal Guru was a citizen of the country. He was from Jammu and Kashmir, which is an integral part of India and he was punished under the law. The same law gives citizens the right to speak about the punishment,” Kumar said, addressing the media on the Jawaharlal Nehru University campus, a day after he was freed on interim bail.

The JNUSU president had spent 20 days in jail after he was arrested on February 12 on charges of sedition for allegedly raising anti-national slogans during an event to mark Guru’s hanging.

“For me, Afzal Guru is not an icon. My icon is Rohith Vemula. Tum jitne Rohith maaroge, ghar ghar me Rohith niklega (The more Rohiths you kill, the more will emerge from every house),” said Kumar.

Rohith had committed suicide inside a hostel room at the University of Hyderabad in January this year.

Kumar also condemned the event that led to his arrest. “I condemn the February 9 event. Whether what was said that day was seditious or not, the courts will decide. We trust the Constitution and the courts. Unlike videos, the Constitution cannot be doctored,” said Kumar.

WATCH VIDEO

1. B
    Babu
    Mar 4, 2016 at 6:54 pm
    Look, this traitor is claiming Afsal Guru is not his icon, but Rohit Vermula is. Rohit again was suspended for anti national activities, and it is known that Rohit supported Yakub Memon, who was among those responsible for Mumbai blasts. In a way, this traitor will not change. Cancel his bail, and put him behind bars.
    (0)(0)
    1. B
      brahmn
      Mar 4, 2016 at 11:38 pm
      I would have loved him if he had declared Manu is my Icon and Smriti is my Geeta. Bad needless to say, I am a filthy brahmin low life.
      (0)(0)
        Deen
        Mar 4, 2016 at 2:18 pm
        When one is not from the land, then he takes extra effort to "SHOW" that he actually belongs to the land. INDO-ARYAN BARB-ARYAN BRAHMINS ARE JUST DONG THAT. ABVP-All BarbARYAN Varmints and Perverts. It is unfortunate that they are now the rulers under Brahmin Jokers Party(BJP).
        (0)(0)
        1. p
          pure.brahmin.SCOUNDRELS
          Mar 4, 2016 at 2:33 pm
          We brahmin scoundrels are the only patriots of India, though we Brahmins douche are immigrants. And exactly for that reason we want to project our filthy ilk as patriots. And we will sacrifice any Indian for that.
          (0)(0)
            Anirud
            Mar 4, 2016 at 5:20 pm
            When will the CRIMINAL ALL BRAHMINS AND VARMINTS AND PERVERTS(ABVP) CONSPIRATORS ARE GOING TO BE BOOKED?
            (0)(0)