JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar reached the Jawaharlal Nehru University premises on Thursday hours after being released from Tihar jail where he was lodged on the charge of sedition, triggering celebrations on the campus that had lately become a venue for vociferous protests.
- Between fiery speech and interviews, friends find a ‘different’ Kanhaiya
- ABVP finds reason to celebrate: HC order vindicates our stand
- Burnt twice, Delhi Police keep Kanhaiya’s release drama-free
- JNU row: 20 days after 'azadi' speech led to arrest, Kanhaiya returns to where it all began
- JNU row: Supreme Court refuses to hear Kanhaiya Kumar's bail plea
- Kanhaiya Kumar moves SC for bail, JNU students march for his release
Students and teachers eagerly awaiting to catch a glimpse of Kanhaiya had gathered at the Ganga Dhaba from where they will take out a victory march to the Administration Block which has become a venue of protest since his arrest on February 12.
People also queued up outside Kumar’s hostel Brahmaputra with ‘dhols’ and ‘daflis’ to accompany him during the march.
Meanwhile, two separate meetings of the students union and JNU teachers association were underway to decide the future course of action. Kanhaiya is expected to address the gathering after the march.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, the university administration maintained the report of the high-level committee has not been submitted to it yet.
“The five-member panel had a deadline till 12 am today. The varsity will take a call based on the recommendations of the panel,” a senior JNU official said.
After Kanhaiya was granted interim bail yesterday by the Delhi High Court, celebrations had broken out outside Parliament Street Police Station where students had been camping.
Shouting “victory” slogans for Kanhaiya, students later marched from Sabarmati Dhaba, during the night hours.
The JNUSU president was arrested in connection with an event on the campus during which anti-national slogans were allegedly raised.
Five other students — Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya, Rama Naga, Anant Prakash and Ashutosh Kumar — had gone in hiding since then but resurfaced on the campus 10 days later.
While Umar and Anirban surrendered before the police, the remaining three refused to do so but maintained that they are open to questioning by police as and when needed.
Kanhaiya was granted interim bail for six months by the Delhi High Court.