Former Jawaharlal Nehru University students’ union president Kanhaiya Kumar sought a judicial probe into the killing of eight SIMI activists in an “encounter” in Madhya Pradesh on Monday.
He claimed that there were many “holes” in the police story which needed a thorough investigation. He was accompanied by students Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya who also echoed his demand.
Attacking the BJP, Kumar said an atmosphere of fear was being created for minorities i the country. He sought unity among minorities and Dalits to fight for a country that treated everyone equal irrespective of caste, religion and gender.
“All people of this country have equal right to live their lives but people in power are not ready to even accept the Preamble of our Constitution,” he said. Regarding burning of a Modi effigy in JNU on Dussehra, Kanhaiya said he did not support it. “The effigy of Modi should not have burnt on Dussehra day,” he said. The JNU students were addressing audience at ‘Mela Ghadrai Babeyan Da’ at Desh Bhagat Yaadgaar Hall Jalandhar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016