- The whiz kids who grew plants without soil, made organic manure from human hair!
- Gujarat Budget 2018 highlights: Nitin Patel presents Rupani govt's first budget, Opposition stages walkout
- Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash'assault' case LIVE UPDATES: Complaint filed against AAP MLAs, IAS body demands action from LG
The Northern Railway has finally decided the fare structure of luxury coach Jharokha, designed for tourists on the Kalka-Shimla railway line, railway officials said on Tuesday.
The decision was made after Northern Railways General Manager AK Puthia inspected the Kalka-Shimla Railway line, listed as a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO, on Tuesday.
- Soon, experience flight-like luxury in Shatabdi trains with new ‘Anubhuti’ coaches
- Railway push to heritage conservation: Steam engines to return to mountains
- Kalka-Shimla World Heritage Site: The main challenge is to keep the heritage character alive, says AK Puthia
- Northern Railways GM inspects Kalka-Shimla toy train tracks
- Fares final, luxury coaches ready to run 2 yrs after launch
- Overspeeding caused Kalka rail mishap
“The charges of CT-14 Jharokha has been fixed at Rs 29,000(round trip). The capacity of the coach is eight passengers,” a railway official said.
Puthia also launched dedicated webpages related to Kalka-Shimla railway line on the Northern Railway’s official website.
The inspection was carried out as part of heritage fortnight activities by the Northern Railway. He said that railways are making efforts to create awareness about the site.
During the visit, Puthia said that the railways can’t tamper with the heritage section. “We are trying to improve the facilities at railway stations on the track,” he said, adding that the Northern Railway was not looking at the heritage section as “profit making.”
During his visit, senior officials at the railway station gave a presentation about the heritage track . The railways also made an appeal to the tourists and local residents that they shouldn’t throw garbage at railway stations and the public should avoid coming in proximity and entering into a tunnel on the face of train.
According to the railways, the World Heritage Fortnight is being celebrated to commemorate the World Heritage Day and Shimla station has been illuminated in blue color, and special drives are being launched for cleanliness and plantation at important stations .
Providing details about the railways coaches on the section, the officials said that they have four special coaches, rail motor car, shivalik place, Jharokha and twin vestibule coach. ‘There are regular train services and additional services as well during the peak season as well.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE