A charge sheet has been filed against police inspector Amit Kumar, an accused in death case of journalist Pooja Tiwari who allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the fifth floor of her residential building here in May, police said.
The SIT probing the suicide case has completed its investigation and filed its charge sheet against Kumar for ‘abetting her to commit suicide,’ a police spokesperson said.
- Jiah Khan suicide case: Trial starts in Mumbai court
- Virar suicides: After cop named as accused, probe shifted out of Palghar
- Mumbai cop booked for ‘abetting’ suicide of youth
- Arpita Tiwari murder case: Month after death of 25 year old, friend held
- Couple found dead, police say they ‘jumped off building after slashing their wrists’
- Journalist Pooja Tiwari death: Police recreates crime scene
On May 2, 28-year-old woman journalist Pooja Tiwari, working with an online news portal, had allegedly committed suicide by jumping from her residential building, but her family suspects foul play in her death and has demanded a CBI probe into it.
On May 6, Haryana Police inspector Amit Kumar was arrested in connection with the case. He was present at the fifth-floor flat in Sector 46 from on that night when Pooja allegedly fell to her death.
On Jue 29, forensic team recreated the “fall” scene as narrated by the accused police inspector.