A charge sheet has been filed against police inspector Amit Kumar, an accused in death case of journalist Pooja Tiwari who allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the fifth floor of her residential building here in May, police said.
The SIT probing the suicide case has completed its investigation and filed its charge sheet against Kumar for ‘abetting her to commit suicide,’ a police spokesperson said.
- Jiah Khan case: HC directs lower court to proceed with trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Jiah Khan death: Dinesh Tiwari's appointment as Public Prosecutor cancelled
- Journalist Pooja Tiwari death: Police recreates crime scene
- Journalist suicide: Haryana Police officer Amit Vashisht arrested
- Accused of extortion via sting, reporter kills herself
- HC grants bail to man in wifes suicide case
On May 2, 28-year-old woman journalist Pooja Tiwari, working with an online news portal, had allegedly committed suicide by jumping from her residential building, but her family suspects foul play in her death and has demanded a CBI probe into it.
On May 6, Haryana Police inspector Amit Kumar was arrested in connection with the case. He was present at the fifth-floor flat in Sector 46 from on that night when Pooja allegedly fell to her death.
On Jue 29, forensic team recreated the “fall” scene as narrated by the accused police inspector.