- CBSE 12th Result 2018 Live Updates: Class 12 result after 12 at cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Uttarakhand UK Board 10th Result 2018 LIVE Updates: Matric result declared at ubse.uk.gov.in, Kajal Prajapati tops with 98.40 %
- Uttarakhand UK Board 12th Result 2018 LIVE: Inter result declared at ubse.uk.gov.in, uaresults.nic.in, Divyanshi Raj topper
Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan on Tuesday said journalism as the fourth pillar of the democracy is working well in consonance with the other three pillars.
“I would say that the field of journalism has been doing very well and very importantly, this fourth pillar is working jointly with the rest of the three pillars of the democracy which are executive, legislature and judiciary,” she said.
Mahajan was addressing a programme to mark the platinum jubilee celebration of the Mumbai Marathi Patrakar Sangh, one of the oldest journalist organisations in the city, constituted in 1941.
- Parliament adjourned sine die amid continuing protests; 250 working hours wasted by disruptions
- Congress to bring no-confidence motion against govt
- Parliament highlights: Both Houses adjourned, no-confidence motion not taken up
- Protests continue: House logjam continues for 13th day
- In Parliament: Opposition blames govt as logjam enters 12th day
- Need to balance judiciary, executive: Lok Sabha Speaker
“The founder members of Patrakar Sangh were so visionary that they launched several welfare schemes such as a welfare fund for the members, almost 75 years ago,” she said.
“In those days journalism was considered a mission. It was about giving, not about attaining anything except self-satisfaction derived from meaningful and graceful writing,” she added.
The MP from Indore also termed Baburao Vishnu Paradkar as “greatest of the great” journalist, who despite being a Maharashtrian, was a pioneer in the Hindi journalism.
The journalists should report on problems in such a way that it would also point out the solutions rather than exacerbating the issue, Mahajan said.
She also felicitated a few journalists for their outstanding contribution to the field. Chief Post Master General of Maharashtra and Goa circle Usha Chandrashekhar was also present at the event.