In a setback to the NCP in the run-up to municipal council polls, Sandeep Tatkare, the nephew of the party’s Maharashtra unit chief and former state minister Sunil Tatkare, Sunday joined the Shiv Sena along with his supporters. Sandeep, who is the son of Sunil Tatkare’s brother Anil, and who hails from Raigad district in coastal Konkan region, joined the Uddhav Thackeray-led party today at its headquarters Sena Bhavan in Dadar here.
Senior Shiv Sena leader and Union Minister Anant Geete, MLA Bharat Gogawale and Aadesh Bandekar were present when Sandeep formally joined the party. Bandekar said Tatkare has joined the party as he believes in the working style of Sena president. “Every party wants to grow and when people, who have a considerable mass base join a party with their supporters, it is bound to have a positive effect,” Bandekar said.
“We have welcomed Sandeep into the party as he believes in Uddhav ji’s leadership and style of functioning, and expressed his desire to work with him,” he said. Meanwhile, NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said Sandeep quit the party due to some internal family dispute and that the party remains unaffected by his exit.
“Sandeep has left the party due to some internal family dispute. But if one person leaves the party on such grounds, the party does not get affected and nobody bothers about. Sunil ji (Tatkare) is a party stalwart and if someone (referring to Sandeep) thinks he is bigger than him, people will clear all his misconceptions in the upcoming polls,” Malik told PTI.
In all, 212 municipal councils and nagar panchayats are going to polls in the state between November 2016 and January 2017. Thereafter, ten major municipal corporations including, Mumbai and Thane, and Zilla Parishads will witness elections between February and May.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More