The jobs to the family members of the martyred policemen will be considered on the basis of only merit, DGP Punjab Police Suresh Arora said on Friday. Speaking at an event organised on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day, Arora said steps are being taken to implement the new system where jobs to the widows and family members of the martyrs will be handed only on the basis of merit.
He also said that the Centre has sanctioned two armed battalions for Punjab and they will be deployed in the border areas of the state. He said these battalions will be the “second line of defence.”
“Those battalions will be deployed near the border areas,” he said.
To counter the growing threat of terrorism and rampant drug abuse in the state, he said the basic structure of the police department has to be strengthened and a fund of Rs 106 crore has been sanctioned by the Centre in this regard especially in the aftermath of the Dinanagar and Pathankot terror attacks. He said the policemen are training with the Army so that they are capable to handle “any situation” in the future.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016