Jawaharlal Nehru University student Umar Khalid along with four other students surfaced at the University complex late Sunday night, where he addressed fellow students outside the administration block.
The Delhi Police, who have issued a Lookout Circular for the five students, arrived at the campus but were not allowed to enter as they require permission from the Vice Chancellor. “We will wait outside the campus if they want to surrender,” a police officer said.
The five students are facing charges of sedition for allegedly raising what the Delhi Police terms ‘anti-national’ slogans during a protest event held against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Here’s Khalid’s address to his fellow students.
* The video, uploaded by a YouTube channel ‘Stand with JNU’, could not be independently verified by The Indian Express.