THE COMPETING nationalism narrative, that has emerged between the Congress and the BJP following the JNU row, was at the heart of a poster war in Amritsar on Thursday. While the BJP put up a poster of the Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafeez Saeed and Rahul Gandhi, accusing the Congress vice-president of speaking the language of Pakistan, the Congress responded with a parallel poster of Prime Minister Narendra Modi featured with Afzal Guru, Hafiz Saeed and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader Mehbooba Mufti, questioning the PM’s ‘patriotic’ credentials.
Later in the day, both parties carried out a protest march against each other’s stand on the slogan shouting at the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi. “Rahul Gandhi has been exposed. We have been protesting his anti-national support to Afzal Guru and the latter’s supporters in JNU. We will make people aware of how it is hurting national interest,” said BJP national secretary Tarun Chugh, who led his party’s march.
- Amit Shah targets Rahul Gandhi on JNU row
- Rahul Gandhi should be sent to Pakistan for supporting JNU students
- Who said what on JNU row
- JNU row: Congress accuses Rajnath Singh of 'communalising' the issue
- Rahul Gandhi speaking in Hafiz Sayeed's language: BJP on JNU row
- Indian mission in Pak not aware of Vaidik-Hafiz meet: Sushma
The Congress responded by accusing the BJP and RSS for allegedly promoting anti-national elements by forming the government in Jammu and Kashmir with PDP help.
“The BJP started it. They installed a poster of Rahul Gandhi with Hafiz Saeed. We were forced to expose them. We have explained how Modi is seeking the support of PDP in J&K, a party which perceives Afzal Guru as a martyr. Supporting Afzal Guru is like doing a sentry job for Saeed. This is what PM is doing and we have exhibited same in poster,” state Congress secretary Dinesh Bassi, who led his party’s march, said.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet