A student of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and a member of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) has alleged that “activists from Left organisations” had thrown her belongings out of the hostel dormitory on Wednesday. She claimed that they had also left a note on her bed that said ‘Reject ABVP’.
The organisation has decided to take up the matter with the university’s vice-chancellor.
The student of JNU’s School of Languages, who did not want to be named, said when she returned to her dormitory at the Koyna Hostel at 5.30 pm Wednesday, she found all her belongings lying outside in the corridor. “They had thrown all my stuff outside and left a note on the bed saying “Reject ABVP”. I am not sure who could have done this, but since the last couple of days, I had been having intense arguments with some extreme Leftists,” she said.
- JNU condemns rape incident: It has tarnished university’s image
- Within months of JNU comeback, ABVP fights discontent within
- Varsity V-C felicitates Hanumanthappa’s family
- Warden stopped us from performing havan: JNU students to police
- Left-backed AISA sweeps JNU Students' Union polls
- Daflis and last-minute appeals in JNU,voter turnout 56 per cent
“They often ridiculed me for working with the ABVP,” she said. Though the dormitory had 25 beds, only three or four students actually stayed there.
Saurabh Sharma, JNU Students’ Union joint-secretary from ABVP, said he got a call from the student the moment she reached her dormitory Wednesday evening.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“She got scared and called me up to explain the whole incident… I strongly condemn such activities by Leftist goons,” he said.
The ABVP leader added, “Since they are losing their foothold on this campus, they and their professors are targeting ABVP activists and threatening them. I demand a fair enquiry in this matter. We will meet the V-C over this incident,” he added.