As the row at JNU over an event against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru raged, a video allegedly showing ABVP members shouting pro-Pakistan slogans is going viral. ABVP, however, has rubbished the allegations saying the video was “morphed” to tarnish their image.
The 1 minute 32 second video titled “The Conspiracy”, uploaded on social media shows four students, allegedly
belonging to ABVP, the student’s wing of RSS, shouting “Pakistan Zindabad” slogans.
Students from the Left-wing groups alleged that members of ABVP had shouted anti-national slogans prompting the crowd which was a mixed bunch of different student groups and even outsiders to follow suit.
- JNU row: University report links azadi slogans to ‘outsiders’ with covered faces
- JNU row: Now, Delhi Police seek Zee’s camera, chip for Afzal Guru event footage
- ABVP members raised anti-India slogans: AAP submits video clip proof to police
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- Emergency-like situation, says Left after arrest of JNU students' union president
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani on Afzal Guru ruckus at JNU
“They were the ones who shouted those slogans disrupting a meeting which was peacefully debating the issue. We do not even know who said what and they easily demonised every student as anti-national,” said a student who belongs to Left-backed All India Students Association (AISA).
JNU Students Union Joint Secretary, Saurabh Kumar Sharma, who is the only ABVP member among office bearers, said,
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“These are all tactics to tarnish our image and attack us as we have objected to their anti-national activities. The video has been morphed only to defame us and spread false information”. The university authorities, however, could not comment on whether those seen in the video available with the varsity probe committee, were ABVP members or not.
JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar was arrested earlier this week in connection with a case of sedition and criminal conspiracy registered over holding of the event at the varsity during which anti-India slogans were alleged to have been raised.
Kanhaiya’s arrest has triggered widespread outrage among students and teachers and drawn severe criticism from non-BJP political parties.