As the row at JNU over an event against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru raged, a video allegedly showing ABVP members shouting pro-Pakistan slogans is going viral. ABVP, however, has rubbished the allegations saying the video was “morphed” to tarnish their image.
The 1 minute 32 second video titled “The Conspiracy”, uploaded on social media shows four students, allegedly
belonging to ABVP, the student’s wing of RSS, shouting “Pakistan Zindabad” slogans.
Students from the Left-wing groups alleged that members of ABVP had shouted anti-national slogans prompting the crowd which was a mixed bunch of different student groups and even outsiders to follow suit.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
- JNU row: University report links azadi slogans to ‘outsiders’ with covered faces
- JNU row: Now, Delhi Police seek Zee’s camera, chip for Afzal Guru event footage
- ABVP members raised anti-India slogans: AAP submits video clip proof to police
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- Emergency-like situation, says Left after arrest of JNU students' union president
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani on Afzal Guru ruckus at JNU
“They were the ones who shouted those slogans disrupting a meeting which was peacefully debating the issue. We do not even know who said what and they easily demonised every student as anti-national,” said a student who belongs to Left-backed All India Students Association (AISA).
JNU Students Union Joint Secretary, Saurabh Kumar Sharma, who is the only ABVP member among office bearers, said,
“These are all tactics to tarnish our image and attack us as we have objected to their anti-national activities. The video has been morphed only to defame us and spread false information”. The university authorities, however, could not comment on whether those seen in the video available with the varsity probe committee, were ABVP members or not.
JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar was arrested earlier this week in connection with a case of sedition and criminal conspiracy registered over holding of the event at the varsity during which anti-India slogans were alleged to have been raised.
Kanhaiya’s arrest has triggered widespread outrage among students and teachers and drawn severe criticism from non-BJP political parties.