Mudasir Rashid, a 22-year-old student of a college in Udaipur and hailing from Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested and remanded in 15 days’ judicial custody over a Facebook post allegedly praising slain Hizbul Mujahideen militant Burhan Wani, police informed on Sunday.
“We have arrested Mudasir and he has been remanded in 15 days’ judicial custody,” said Circle Officer (Udaipur East) Bhagwat Singh Hingar. Though an FIR was filed under IPC Section 124A (sedition) based on a complaint lodged by R S Vyas, Director (Foundation) of Techno India NJR Institute of Technology, Udaipur, a charge has not been made out for the same and Rashid has been arrested under IPC sections 153A (Promoting enmity among different groups on grounds of religion, race, etc.) and 153B (Imputations, assertions prejudicial to national integration), Hingar said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On September 27, around 200 local youth, including those of RSS’s student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), had vandalised the Udaipur college over alleged “anti-national comments” on social media by Rashid and other students of the college, all belonging to J&K. Rashid, a third year student of civil engineering, was suspended by the authorities the same day.