The Jammu and Kashmir Police along with paramilitary forces carried out searches for nearly two hours inside the Jammu airport at Satwari on Tuesday evening after an unidentified caller rang up police control room saying he has seen a suspicious looking person coming out of the premises after scaling one of its walls on the backside.
A senior police officer who did not wished to be named said the call turned out to be a hoax as no suspect or suspicious looking object could be found during searches of the airport premises for nearly two hours. The authenticity of the call also appeared doubtful as the suspect allegedly climbed a tree grown inside the airport premises to scale the wall even when a portion it nearby had been broken, he said, adding that there were CRPF personnel also guarding the area.
However, as a precautionary measure, the police have intensified vigil in areas around the airport and laid nakas to check movement of people. They have now started searches in Gadhigarh and adjoining areas which fall on backside of the airport.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why