J&K police have solved the mysterious killing of a youth at Peerbagh and arrested the main culprit behind the killing. The killing had sparked protests and stone pelting in the uptown areas of the city, as relatives and locals had alleged that security forces were responsible for the death of youth.
Soon after the killing, J&K police had constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by a senior police officer.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Kashmir, Ghulam Hassan Bhat said that initially relatives and locals alleged that security forces were responsible for this killing and police had promised to solve the case on the fast track basis.
Giving details, Bhat said that on January 12, Owais Bashir Malik of Peerbagh went missing. “Next day, his dead body was recovered near Railway Bridge Humhama.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
DIG said that during investigation police came to know that from last one year, Owais Bashir Malik was in touch with Ishaan Majeed of Bandipora, presently residing at Barzullah.
“Ishaan would pose and act like a girl by the name Umaira of Wanbal Nowgam. Both would talk for hours together mostly during the night hours. Ishaan (Umaira) would also talk at times with family members of Owais.”
Bhat said that Owais would press Ishaan (Umaira) for a meeting which was usually avoided by the later.
“Last Tuesday, after lot of motivation from Owais, Ishaan (Umaira) agreed to meet him on the Railway Track at Peerbagh. During meeting Ishaan (Umaira) divulged before the deceased that it was he who was posing as a girl. This infuriated Owais and both had a heated arguments followed by scuffle. Ishaan owerpowered Owais and kicked him repeatedly, the injured Owais rolled down into the gorge. Thinking that Owais was dead, Ishaan left the spot.”
Bhat said that after leaving the spot Ishaan damaged two sim cards through which he used to talk with Owais.
“During investigation it was found that in the evening of January 12, a constable of Railway police did notice some blood stains on the soil and found a human body in the shallow waters down the track. Instead of informing the police, the Railway constable along with two other constables disposed off the body to a place away from the railway track.”
DIG said along with the main accused, three constables of the Railway Police have also been arrested.