Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra Saturday met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and discussed implementation of the Rs 80,000 crore special package for the state announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in November last year.
- PDP-BJP likely to form govt in J&K with Mehbooba Mufti as CM, Nirmal as Deputy
- J&K Governor Vohra meets Rajnath Singh
- J-K crisis: BJP leader meets Mehbooba, confident that coalition will continue
- Jammu-Kashmir crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet today, discuss govt formation
- J&K Budget session called off
- J&K: BJP legislators to reply to Governer Vohra on governance in the state
After the death of Chief Minister Mufti Mohammed Sayeed on January 7, Governor’s Rule was imposed in the state when neither the BJP nor the PDP staked claim.
Sources said Vohra briefed Singh about the steps taken for implementation of the package that has five components — humanitarian relief, disaster management, social infrastructure, economic infrastructure and development spending.