Four labourers were injured in an explosion near an under-construction bridge in Sonamarg area of central Kashmir Ganderbal district, police said.
The site is located close to the signal centre of Army’s High Altitude Warfare School (HAWS) in the area.
- Factory explosion in China port kills 2, injures 30, wrecks buildings
- Army begins work on FOB at Elphinstone Road
- Foot overbridge for Taloja railway station remains non-starter
- Rajnath Singh compliments forces for foiling terror attack in J-K
- J&K: One jawan killed, another injured in firing near Banihal
- PWD supervisor killed,4 injured in blast in Kathua
“An explosion occurred near an under-construction bridge in Sonamarg area this morning. Four labourers working on the project sustained minor injuries in their legs,” a police official said.
He said the work on the bridge was being carried out by Border Roads Organisation’s Beacon unit.
The official said the cause and nature of the explosion is being investigated.