Four labourers were injured in an explosion near an under-construction bridge in Sonamarg area of central Kashmir Ganderbal district, police said.
The site is located close to the signal centre of Army’s High Altitude Warfare School (HAWS) in the area.
- At least four dead in pedestrian bridge collapse at Florida International University; rescue operation underway
- Sukma attack: A timeline of Naxal violence in Chhattisgarh in last decade
- Maharashtra: Three dead, several injured after fire breaks out at Palghar chemical factory
- Six injured as blast destroys building in UK; Police rules out terror angle
- Statue of unity: 45-year-old worker falls to death at site
- PWD supervisor killed,4 injured in blast in Kathua
“An explosion occurred near an under-construction bridge in Sonamarg area this morning. Four labourers working on the project sustained minor injuries in their legs,” a police official said.
He said the work on the bridge was being carried out by Border Roads Organisation’s Beacon unit.
The official said the cause and nature of the explosion is being investigated.