Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti today met Governor N N Vohra and discussed about the security situation in Kashmir Valley and ceasefire violations across the International Border (IB) and Line of Control (LOC).
“During an hour-long meeting at the Raj Bhavan, Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti briefed Governor about the status of various important matters, including the security situation in the Valley, continuing ceasefire violations across the IB and LoC,” an official spokesman said.
She also discussed the steps underway for re-invigoration of the entire educational system. Considering the time lost this summer due to protests and bandh, the Governor asked the government to put its focus on implementation of development projects and urged the administrative apparatus to work over time, he said.
Meanwhile, Commander of the Northern Army Command, Lt Gen D S Hooda also called on the Governor and informed him about the situation on the IB and LOC.
“Besides reviewing the security situation, the Governor and Lt Gen Hooda discussed various issues related to effective border management and strict enforcement of the counter-infiltration and counter-terrorism grids,” the spokesman said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
They also discussed issues pertaining to the safety and security of the residents of villages located along the IB and LoC.