Over 1300 people living in the border belt of Kalsian in Noushera area of Rajouri district have been evacuated following heavy shelling by Pakistani troops for several hours yesterday.
“We have evacuated Kalsian border belt due to ceasefire violations”, a senior police officer told PTI today.
Border dwellers have been evacuated and taken to safer areas, the officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kalsian, with a population of over 2000 people, is very close to the LoC and faces threat of an attack by Pakistan’s Border Action Team, officials said.
It may be recalled that in August 2000, Army troops foiled a Pakistani plan to capture a post in Noushera sector, killing three Pakistani soldiers.
A group of Pakistani soldiers had intruded into the Indian territory and attempted to capture a forward post in Kalsian area. The Indian soldiers opened fire in which three Pakistani soldiers were killed.