Two Rashtriya Rifles (RR) personnel and a civilian were injured after militants lobbed a grenade outside the police station at Bijbehara, in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, on Saturday afternoon.
The injured soldiers are Mahesh and K Marjhan of 1 RR. The civilian wounded in the attack, Farooq Ahmad Dar, is a resident of Srigufwara in Anantnag.
- Islamic State claims responsibility for attack near Srinagar, J&K police rule it out
- J&K encounter: Islamic State mouthpiece claims responsibility; police probe claim
- Hizbul Mujahideen ‘overground worker’ arrested, says J&K Police
- J&K: Two soldiers killed in Pulwama operation
- J&K police identify 5 Hizbul militants for two Kashmir bank robberies
- J&K: Two killed, PWD minister escapes unhurt in Tral grenade attack
Hizbul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attack in a tele-statement to a local news agency. South Kashmir, especially Pulwama district, is the new hotbed of terrorism.