Two Rashtriya Rifles (RR) personnel and a civilian were injured after militants lobbed a grenade outside the police station at Bijbehara, in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, on Saturday afternoon.
The injured soldiers are Mahesh and K Marjhan of 1 RR. The civilian wounded in the attack, Farooq Ahmad Dar, is a resident of Srigufwara in Anantnag.
- Three militants killed in Valley encounter, one of them an ‘IS recruit’
- Jammu and Kashmir: Jaish militant Mufti Waqas behind Sunjuwan Army camp attack killed
- ISIS does not exist in Kashmir Valley: MHA
- No presence of Islamic State in Kashmir: MHA
- Sunjuwan attack: Five Armymen killed in Jammu camp attack, four of them from Kashmir
- Grenade attack in South Kashmir injures four civilians
Hizbul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attack in a tele-statement to a local news agency. South Kashmir, especially Pulwama district, is the new hotbed of terrorism.