Jharkhand Governor Droupadi Murmu today stressed upon protecting environment and maintaining greenery by planting more number of saplings.
Addressing a programme on health and environment by Vikash Bharati, a voluntary institution, Murmu said protection of environment has become a big challenge and the entire world is concerned about it.
- Jharkhand Government working towards balanced, inclusive development: Governor
- Education lays basic foundation in one's life: Jharkhand Governor
- Rakhsa Shakti Vishwavidyalaya inaugurated in Jharkhand
- Jharkhand gets its first woman, tribal Governor
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as first woman Governor of Jharkhand
- Meet the new Governors
Observing that due to environmental imbalance unseasonal rains, drought and floods were being experienced, she said everyone should be sensitive towards protection of the environment.
She called upon to protect Jharkhand’s forest, hills and waterfalls.
Asking people to plant the more number of saplings so that greenery would be maintained, Murmu appreciated the campaign on environment and health by Vikas Bharati under the leadership of social worker and Padma Shri recipient Ashok Bhagat.