Jharkhand Governor Droupadi Murmu today stressed upon protecting environment and maintaining greenery by planting more number of saplings.
Addressing a programme on health and environment by Vikash Bharati, a voluntary institution, Murmu said protection of environment has become a big challenge and the entire world is concerned about it.
- Jharkhand budget session begins, governor lists state's achievements
- PMC to start traffic and environment impact study of Balbharati-Paud Phata Link Road
- Saving environment everyone’s responsibility: Maharashtra Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao
- On his first visit to Jharkhand, VP Venkaiah Naidu exhorts all to contribute towards literacy
- Malnutrition major problem in Jharkhand: Governor
- Jharkhand Government working towards balanced, inclusive development: Governor
Observing that due to environmental imbalance unseasonal rains, drought and floods were being experienced, she said everyone should be sensitive towards protection of the environment.
She called upon to protect Jharkhand’s forest, hills and waterfalls.
Asking people to plant the more number of saplings so that greenery would be maintained, Murmu appreciated the campaign on environment and health by Vikas Bharati under the leadership of social worker and Padma Shri recipient Ashok Bhagat.