Five Maoists have been arrested with arms in Dumka district and around Rs 31.53 lakh, largely in the old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denomination notes, have been recovered from their possession, police said on Tuesday. Led by ASP Emmanual Baski and DSP Ajay Kumar Singh, Jharkhand Armed Police personnel launched the search operation and nabbed the Maoists from different areas of the district yesterday, Superintendent of Police Prabhat Kumar told reporters.
Watch what else is in the news
One of the arrested Maoists, Mithilesh Mandal, had escaped during transit while returning from a court in Giridih in 2012, the SP said. He faced several naxal-related cases under different police stations and was the self-styled area commander of the banned outfit, Kumar said. Two country-made pistols, two four wheelers, five ATM cards, five cheque books, seven mobiles, naxal literature, five passbooks of different banks were recovered from the possession of those arrested.
The recovered Rs 31.53 lakh in cash included four new Rs 2,000 notes while the rest are the defunct Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes, the SP said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review