Ever since Apollo Hospital in Chennai released a detailed health bulletin of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the confusion regarding her health status still remains. “The treatment plan including appropriate antibiotics, respiratory support and other allied clinical measures are presently being continued to treat the infection,” read the bulletin. It has been two weeks since Jayalalithaa was admitted to the hospital on September 22 following complaints of fever and dehydration. The hospital administration has said she is responding positively to the treatment but needs some more rest to fully recover.
On Friday, Congress vice -president Rahul Gandhi took a sudden trip to Chennai and visited the chief minister at the hospital to enquire about her health status. After the visit, Rahul said Jaya was recovering well. In brief remarks after visiting the hospital, Rahul said, “I want to give maximum energy to Jayalalithaaji, so that she gets well soon,” Rahul had said, adding he wishes for her speedy recovery. Rahul’s visit also sent state party leaders scrambling with even state Congress chief S Thirunavukkarasar saying he had no information about the visit.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Meanwhile, opposition AIADMK and other parties have been demanding that DMK release photograph or video of Jayalalithaa from inside the hospital to clear the air.
Noting the absence of Jayalalithaa, Tamil Nadu governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao also held a meeting at his residence on Friday to take note of the general administration in the state. The meeting was attended by State ministers O. Panneerselvam and Edappadi K. Palanisamy and chief secretary Rama Mohana Rao.
The meeting came after Apollo Hospital released a detailed bulletin on Thursday evening in which it mentioned that Jayalalithaa required to stay for a longer duration in the hospital giving rise to speculations that an interim CM may be appointed to look after the state affairs. However, no official announcement has been made by the party so far in relation to this. The party has also maintained that Jayalalithaa is continuously reviewing the situation and also held meetings with ministers in the hospital.
A PIL was also filed in the Madras High Court for state government to give details about leader’s health status. On the other hand, thousands of Jayalalithaa supporters have been coming out and praying for her swift recovery.