Tamil Nadu Governor C. Vidyasagar Rao on Saturday visited Apollo Hospital here where Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa was admitted for treatment last month and expressed happiness at her recovery, said a Raj Bhavan statement. According to the statement, Rao was briefed by Pratap C. Reddy, Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group, on the treatment given to Jayalalithaa.
Rao also visited the ward where she was being treated and was happy to note that she was recovering well, the statement said. Rao’s visit comes a day after DMK President M. Karunanidhi said the Governor has not gone and met the Chief Minister, who has been in the hospital for more than a week.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The state government and Apollo Hospital are maintaining silence on Jayalalithaa’s health condition. For want of credible and detailed information, different kinds of rumours about Jayalalithaa continued to do the rounds across a cross-section of the society.
An hospital official had said Saturday morning that a medical bulletin might be issued around afternoon. However, no bulletin was issued till the evening.
Karunanidhi, who wished Jayalalithaa a speedy recovery, said the state government should put a stop to rumours about her medical condition. “Due to keeping of Jayalalithaa’s health condition a closely-guarded secret, some people are spreading baseless rumours about her health condition,” he said in a statement here on Friday.
There is also no news on leaders of ruling AIADMK’s allies meeting her in hospital, he said. Karunanidhi said though there were news reports on Union Minister Pon Radhakrishnan visiting Apollo Hospital, there was no report about his meeting her and asking after her health.
The former Chief Minister said the state government should have at least released a photograph of her in the hospital as she chaired a meeting of state officials on the Cauvery water issue and dictated her speech to be read out at a meeting on the subject in New Delhi. She was also making party announcements.
AIADMK leader Panruti S Ramachandran however told reporters that Jayalalithaa is recovering well and there is no need for publishing pictures of her in the hospital.
Meanwhile, British doctor Richard John Beale examined Jayalalithaa on Friday. A consultant at the London Bridge Hospital, Beale specialises in acute lung injuries, multiple organ failures and general intensive care.
Jayalalithaa was admitted to Apollo Hospital on September 22 for fever and dehydration. Subsequently, Apollo Hospital said she was cured of fever and needed to be in the hospital for observation.