AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa called on Governor K Rosaiah on Saturday and staked claim to form the new government in Tamil Nadu. She also furnished a list of new Cabinet members. The 29-member Cabinet has four women, including CM-designate Jayalalithaa.
The centenary auditorium of the University of Madras is being prepared for the swearing-in ceremony, scheduled to be held Monday.
- PM Modi asked me to join, save AIADMK govt: O Panneerselvam
- Jayalalithaa portrait unveiled in Tamil Nadu Assembly, DMK moves High Court
- Jayalalithaa’s portrait unveiled in TN Assembly, DMK moves court for its removal
- Campaigning for R K Nagar bypoll ends today; AIADMK factions set to fight it out
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in Tamil Nadu
- RK Nagar bypoll: Actor Vishal, Jayalalithaa’s niece’s nomination papers rejected by Election Commission
The AIADMK chief has retained several members from her previous Cabinet. These include O Panneerselvan (Finance), Edappadi Palanisamy (PWD), P Thangamani (Electricity), S P Velumani (Local Administration), C Vijayabaskar (Health), M C Sampath (Industries), K C Veeramani (Commercial Taxes), R Kamaraj (Food), S P Shanmuganathan (Dairy Development) and R B Udayakumar (Revenue).
Former Speaker D Jayakumar would take charge of the Fisheries department, while former minister C V Shanmugam will be the Law Minister.
K P Anbazhagan would get the higher education portfolio, while Udumalai Radhakrishnan will take charge of the Housing department.