All India Jat Arakshn Sanghrash Samiti president Yashpal Malik Wednesday said Jats will hold a rally on May 10 at Jantar Mantar in Delhi to demand that the Centre give reservation to Jat community in Central government jobs.
“We will hold a rally at Delhi on May 10 in which we will be request the Centre to give jobs to Jats in central government departments,” Malik said while addressing a rally here.
He further said Jat leaders will also demand release of Jat youths who have been “falsely” implicated in the cases during Jat agitation in February in Haryana.
- Jat agitation next year ‘if quota not given’: AIJASS chief Yashpal Malik
- Haryana on alert ahead of rallies of Jat body and BJP on Sunday
- Mobile internet services suspended in half of Haryana ahead of two caste rallies
- Give quota to Jats, 5 other castes in 2 months or face stir, warns AIJASS
- Jat quota: Not happy with HC decision, says Yashpal Malik
- Lessons learnt from February stir, Haryana government prepares for Jat agitation
“We will also raise the issue of release of innocent Jat youths who have been wrongly arrested by police and withdrawal of cases against them,” he said.
“If our demands were not met, we shall against resort to agitation,” he said.
Malik alleged that the government has not fulfilled the promises made to Jat leaders for release of youths and there is great resentment in the community over the arrest of “innocent” jat youths.
Yashpal Malik and other jat leaders later met Deputy Commissioner N.K.Solanki and SP O.P.Narwal and demanded withdrawal of police cases against the arrested jat youths.
On the assurance of DC and SP that no one will be arrested without proper probe, the protesting jats ended their nine-day-old dharna.
The jat rally was addressed by Ram Bhagat Malik,Karnail Singh and Azad Singh Lakda