EVEN AS the Jat agitation has sharpened caste faultlines in Haryana, the beleaguered BJP government is going into damage control mode. A series of activities are being planned in a bid to reach out to people and soothe frayed tempers.
In a meeting chaired by Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar Wednesday, it was decided that ministers would hold interactions with panchayats. The ministers have also been directed to meet people of all communities rather than any specific community. The ministers were asked to abstain from talking on caste lines, even as party workers were told that they could visit people from their own communities and reach out to them.
- Khattar takes a dig at Kejriwal, says Haryana unit working as family
- No corruption in Khattar govt, Congress rule scam-ridden: Amit Shah
- CM Manohar Lal Khattar rides bike, reviews preparations ahead of Amit Shah’s Jind rally
- Jat leaders cancel February 15 Jind rally
- After 6-hour meet with Khattar, Jat outfits call off February 15 protest
- Jat stir call: Haryana seeks central forces during Amit Shah visit
Also, officials will be directed to visit schools and hold programmes there. The students could be administered oath to propagate the message of “Haryana Ek, Haryanvi Ek”. Another proposal being contemplated is to hold Sadbhavna rallies.