EVEN AS the Jat agitation has sharpened caste faultlines in Haryana, the beleaguered BJP government is going into damage control mode. A series of activities are being planned in a bid to reach out to people and soothe frayed tempers.
In a meeting chaired by Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar Wednesday, it was decided that ministers would hold interactions with panchayats. The ministers have also been directed to meet people of all communities rather than any specific community. The ministers were asked to abstain from talking on caste lines, even as party workers were told that they could visit people from their own communities and reach out to them.
- Thumping majority for BJP in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh is a foregone conclusion, says Manohar Lal Khattar
- Arvind Kejriwal's Chandigarh visit a media stunt, says SAD
- CM Manohar Lal Khattar pays rich tributes to Guru Gobind Singh
- Draft Development Plan of Faridabad finalised
- Some tried to destabilise state govt during Jat stir: Manohar Lal Khattar
- House passes Bill to acquire land for govt projects, Oppn walks out
Also, officials will be directed to visit schools and hold programmes there. The students could be administered oath to propagate the message of “Haryana Ek, Haryanvi Ek”. Another proposal being contemplated is to hold Sadbhavna rallies.