EVEN AS the Jat agitation has sharpened caste faultlines in Haryana, the beleaguered BJP government is going into damage control mode. A series of activities are being planned in a bid to reach out to people and soothe frayed tempers.
In a meeting chaired by Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar Wednesday, it was decided that ministers would hold interactions with panchayats. The ministers have also been directed to meet people of all communities rather than any specific community. The ministers were asked to abstain from talking on caste lines, even as party workers were told that they could visit people from their own communities and reach out to them.
- Manchester City too strong for Crystal Palace, while Manchester United labour to victory
- Few ideas, less hope leave Syria crisis on back burner at UN
- US bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force
- Diego Costa without attitude - Alvaro Morata era dawns at Chelsea
- Angry Burnley boss Sean Dyche says diving has to go from the game
- Northern Army commander reviews security situation along LoC
Also, officials will be directed to visit schools and hold programmes there. The students could be administered oath to propagate the message of “Haryana Ek, Haryanvi Ek”. Another proposal being contemplated is to hold Sadbhavna rallies.