Five days after she was raped near her home in Parsudih area of Jamshedpur and hospitalised, a 14-year-old was raped again on Sunday — this time in the hospital’s toilet.
The incident occurred at Mahatma Gandhi Memorial (MGM) Hospital Sunday evening. The accused, a security guard employed in the hospital identified as 50-year-old Shambhu Mahato, was arrested Monday.
The victim has now been shifted to Tata Main Hospital.
- Hospital security guard held for raping minor: Delhi Police
- Jaipur: Minor abducted from govt hospital, raped
- Rape in hospital ICU: Accused identified, arrest in 24 hours, say police
- Jamshedpur: Govt hospital Medical superintendent removed from post over allegations of sexual assault
- Minors rape in shelter home: cops sceptical,await medical reports
- Jamnagar man held for rape
The incident comes less than a week since Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das had reviewed the condition at MGM Hospital last week and directed the authorities to pull up their socks. The government hospital has hired guards from a private security agency, along with home guards.
According to the victim’s mother, she had gone out to get food for her daughter Sunday evening and was returning when she met Mahato at the door of the ward. “He said my daughter’s clothes were soiled and I should change them,” the woman, an odd-job labourer, said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
In the ward, she found her daughter weeping. “She told me the guard had raped her in the toilet… I ran down immediately to look for him. I learnt from the other guards that Mahato had left. I told them what had happened, and they asked me to keep quiet. They said action would be taken,” the mother said.
She did as told. The incident occurred at a toilet that had no doors. In fact, two of the four toilets in the row on that floor do not have doors.
The victim’s father, who works as a driver, said the earlier assault took place on the evening of January 26, when the teen was playing outside their home with her siblings. Police have arrested the juvenile accused and sent him to remand home.
The police are questioning guards and the security supervisor at MGM Hospital. Deputy Superintendent of Police Jasinda Kerketta said: “A formal case against them will be registered once interrogation is completed.”