A brother-sister duo, who lost their parents in a road accident few years ago, has alleged that an ‘influential’ land mafia in ‘active connivance’ with police was trying to grab their land in the prime Bhatindi area in Jammu. Aman Tak (15) and his sister Shabia Aman Tak (17) alleged that they were harassed by the land mafia to vacate the residential plot bought by their grandfather.
“We are being harassed by the land mafia who is forcing us to evict the land. A lower court had given its judgement in our favour as we had the required and genuine papers,” Aman claimed.
The grandfather of the children Riyaz Ahmed Khan said he along with other members of his family approached the police but, he alleged, they were “shielding” the accused.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The land mafia is threatening to kill us if we don’t vacate the land. We lodged a written compliant with the police but the Chowki officer is shielding the accused as they (accused) broke the locks of the house and stole the items,” he said.
When contacted, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Bathindi Chanan Kohli said the police was “investigating the case” and he is personally looking into the allegations levelled against police chowki.
“Prime facie it doesn’t seem that police has any role but I will investigate their allegations,” he said.