A head constable of the Jammu Kashmir Police was suspended after some pictures showing him in an indecent posture with a woman SPO (Special Police Officer) inside the police station went viral on social networking sites on Friday.
Identified as Zakir Hussain, posted as Munshi at Budhal police station, he was seen sitting in the lap of a woman SPO at Budhal police station. In one of the two photographs uploaded on social networking sites, even the woman SPO was seen holding him in her arms.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Rajouri, Rajeshwar Singh, said that the suspended cop has also been attached with District Police Lines and an enquiry initiated into the matter. The woman SPO also has been attached, he said, adding that she will be disengaged if found involved in the matter during enquiry.
- Mumbai: Constable arrested for ‘sexually harassing’ woman
- WATCH: Taxi driver drives through highway with open trunk as wife sits holding table
- Kathua girl was raped, killed to force nomads out, finds probe
- Traffic-stopper IG who won fans across state gets rap from J&K DGP
- Chandigarh: Youth booked for deleting lecture video of woman teacher
- Hyderabad: Video of cop assaulting short-film director goes viral
These photographs were taken by some cop in August and uploaded on the social networking sites by another cop who was now posted in Doda. Pointing out that they have identified the cop who uploaded the photographs, Singh said that he was writing to his Doda counterpart to initiate action against him.
Meanwhile, investigations were in progress to find out the cop who had taken these photographs, he added.