At least six people were injured in a powerful explosion which took place in the main bazaar of Kathua town on Monday evening. Pointing out that while investigations were in progress, Kathua Senior Superintendent of Police, Pawan Parihar, said that the explosion appears to have taken place in a cycle-cart loaded with Chinese goods including crackers, toys, decoration lights etc.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
The person driving the cycle-cart was among the injured, he said, adding that he was carrying the goods from a godown to the shop when explosion took place.
Five passersby were also injured, while window panes of nearby vehicles and glass counters of shops were broken due to the impact of the explosion which came around 6.45 pm. The bazaar in Ward No 7 is the main commercial area of the town and it always remains over crowded especially during festival season.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Two of the injured including, Nanak Chand, cycle-cart drivers and Sandeep, an employee at a shop, were referred to Government Medical College Hospital in view of their serious condition. Other injured were hospitalized at Kathua.
Police have registered a case and started investigations.