The state-run J J hospital, where NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal is currently undergoing treatment, has informed the jail authorities that the former Maharashtra minister needs to undergo cardiac tests and has to be shifted out of the facility.
Bhujbal was arrested by ED in a money-laundering case in March and was shifted to JJ Hospital from Arthur Road Jail on September 17 with viral fever which was initially suspected to be dengue.
“We have received a letter from the Dean of J J hospital (T P Lahane), which states that Chhagan Bhujbal needs to undergo advanced cardiovascular tests to determine why is his heartbeat is erratic despite being at the hospital for a considerable period of time,” a senior official from Arthur Road jail told reporters.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said the letter also mentions the unavailability of the required instruments to conduct the tests at J J hospital.
“We will now check with our doctors if Bhujbal needs to undergo those tests at all in the first place. If required, our doctors will then suggest a suitable hospital where he can be shifted,” the official said.
Lahane said that Bhujbal needs to undergo a Holter examination, a thallium scan and an electrophysiology evaluation.
“None of these tests can be performed at our hospital as we do not have the required facilities. It is now upto the jail authorities to consider performing the recommended tests,” Lahane said.
Bhujbal and his family members are alleged to have favoured contractors in construction of the Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi and the Kalina Central Library here when he was the PWD minister between 2004 and 2014.