A joint expedition team of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF), New Delhi has recently become the first to scale the base of Mt Kangto in the Eastern Himalayas, along the Indo-China border. The team achieved the feat on October 21.
Mt Kangto, with an altitude of 7,042 metres, is the highest peak of Arunachal Pradesh. All earlier attempts by expedition teams to reach the base of the peak were unsuccessful. Covered in snow throughout the year, the virgin peak is the source of the Pachuk river, one of the main tributaries of the Kameng river in East Kameng district.
The ITBP-IMF Mt Kangto Joint Expedition-2016 was flagged off by Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on September 25. The team started the expedition from BOP (54 BN ITBP), Bameng and reached Mt Kangto base via Upper Liyak-Lada-Besai villages.
The distance from Besai village to Mt Kangto base is over 50 kms. After reaching the base, the team unfurled the national flag. Along the route, the team held a series of medical camps at various villages and distributed free medicines among the villagers.
The team expressed gratitude to the district administration, led by in-charge DC Tamuna Messar, for the logistics support provided in terms of ration, porters etc. “Now the route from Besai to Mount Kangto base is explored and opened. It would provide an immense opportunity in the development of eco and adventure-tourism in the region,” the team leader said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The expedition team, comprising more than 50 members and porters, was led by ITBP Deputy Commandant Hari Singh, along with assistant commandants Prasad Sati and Dinesh Negi, and commanded by IG MS Rawat.