Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has declared a virtual war on the people of Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Sunday.
“It has become LG vs farmers, LG vs advocates, LG vs women, LG vs Delhiites,” Kejriwal tweeted.
He made the comments after appealing to Jung not to cancel the public welfare decisions taken by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government since it came to power in February 2015.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
In response to a remark that a “LG vs CM” battle was also on, Kejriwal responded: “No. There is no LG vs CM. CM is too small a person and has no personal interests.”
And in reply to a poser from a Twitter user whether Jung would have acted the way he has had there been a BJP CM in Delhi, Kejriwal remarked: “Good question.”
“Do you think LG would have acted the way he has had there been a BJP CM?” the tweet said.
Ever since the Delhi High Court ruled on August 4 that the Lt Governor is the supreme administrative authority in Delhi, Jung has gone about spiking many decisions taken by the Kejriwal government in the past 18 months.