Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday said that the gap between government and the people could be reduced through maximum use of information technology. And it could also rein in corruption and middlemen, Das said while addressing the ‘Digital India Conclave’ organized in Ranchi by India Today. Stress was being given in every department to use IT to the maximum for taking good governance benefits to the people, the chief minister said.
Nearly a couple of years ago Jharkhand was being discussed with regard to corruption, but now with the change in situation, now the state was being identified as digital Jharkhand, Das said. Underscoring the need to make the state having pool of skilled and educated resources, the chief minister said these endeavours were necessary to end poverty.
A total of 4,404 panchayats are to connected through e-village, of which 1,400 have already been connected and the target to complete the exercise is December 2017, he said. Das said that when he came he stressed upon giving corruption-free governance, accountable and transparent governance, besides giving accent on technology and further steps were being taken in this direction.
Rewards were bestowed upon those personalities and institutions working well in the IT sector in the programme. Urban Development Minister C P Singh, CM’s Principal Secretary, Sanjay Kumar, Inspector General of Police R K Malik, CM’s Secretary Sunil Kumar Barnwal were among other dignitaries present on the occasion.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review