A DAY after suspected terrorist Mosiruddin (alias Mosi, alias Majnu) was arrested at Burdwan station for alleged links with the Islamic State (IS) and Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB), the CID arrested two more people suspected to be working with one of the terror groups.
The two — Saddam Hossain, alias Kallu, and Mohammed Abbasuddin, alias Amin — were arrested from Labhpur in Birbhum district, DIG (CID) Dilip Adak said Wednesday. “We have got evidence of links of all the three arrested with the IS,” he said.
- Four arrested for ‘running’ sex racket, 2 minor girls rescued
- Two Bangladesh ‘terrorists’, arms dealer held in Kolkata
- Mosiruddin recruiting youths for IS from J&K, Delhi: Cops
- ‘IS suspect’ had gone home to collect certificate for daughter’s admission: Wife
- Suspected terrorist made, received calls from Syria, Iraq: CID official
- Terrorist arrested at Bardhaman station has links to IS: West Bengal CID
The two were allegedly recruited by Mosiruddin. On Wednesday, Mosiruddin was produced at a Howrah court, which charged him under Arms Act and under IPC Sections 121 (waging, or attempting to wage war, or abetting waging of war, against the Government of India) and 120 (concealing design to commit offence punishable with imprisonment). He was remanded in police custody for 14 days. Kallu and Amin were also charged with sedition.
A CID officer said Mosiruddin had received several phone calls from Syria, Iraq and Bangladesh. Citing details of the call list on his mobile phone,
According to sources, Mosiruddin revealed during joint grilling by the CID, NIA and IB sleuths that a “list” was being prepared of top IPS officers. “But he didn’t say why that list is being prepared. We are checking whether he was lying to confuse us,” an officer said.