- India Women vs South Africa Women, Live Cricket Score, Live Streaming 5th T20: South Africa need 167 to win
- IAF chopper crash: This army officer's photo with her newborn at her husband's funeral has left everyone teary-eyed
- Railway Group D recruitment for 62,907 posts: Eligibility criteria changes, apply online
WHO WILL head the Islamic State (IS) in India? It was this question that led to differences within members of the terror group, claims a chargesheet filed by the NIA in a special court in Delhi.
The chargesheet, filed Monday, stated that to elect the “Ameer-e-Hind”, the man to lead the members to establish “Khilafat” in India, the alleged IS members held their first meeting on November 1, 2015. The meeting ended in a deadlock, after an “infuriated” Yusuf-al-Hindi, an IS handler now based in Syria, disagreed over the choice made by six members. The decision by the alleged members was later overturned and Yusuf-al-Hindi’s man declared “Ameer-e-Hind”.
The chargesheet — against 16 suspected IS operatives — said the meeting in Lucknow was held “with an agenda to establish Khilafat in India and formation of an organisation, namely Junoodul-Khilafa-Fil-Hind (Army of Caliph of India)”.
- Media equally responsible for present situation in Kashmir, says NIA chargesheet
- Chunk of NIA evidence in J&K terror funding case from websites, YouTube, WhatsApp
- A short history of the Indian Mujahideen
- Interpol refuses to issue notice against Zakir Naik
- Malvani youths case: Handler wanted ‘recruits’ to create hostage situation
- NIA charge sheets chief recruiter for ISIS in India
It said the meeting was hosted by one of the accused, Mohammed Aleem of Lucknow, and was attended by other accused — Nafees Khan, Mudabir Mushtaq Shaikh, Mohammed Hussain Khan, Rizwan Ahmed, Ikrama and Mohammed Aleem. The NIA alleged that members at the meeting decided that 23-year-old Ikrama, who hails Madhya Pradesh and belongs to the Darul-uloom in Deoband, should be made the “Ameer for the whole of India”, but Yusuf was “infuriated” with the decision.
“He was not happy with the decision taken in the meeting as Ikrama was not senior enough to become an Ameer… Yusuf made a voice call to Nafees’s phone on Skype… As suggested by Yusuf, the post of ‘Ameer-e-Hind’ was decided to be given to Mudabbir Mushtaq Shaikh,” the chargesheet said, adding that Ikrama was designated as Askari Ameer (battalion commander) and Nafees from Bihar was declared Maliyat Ameer (head of finance).
According to the chargesheet, a second meeting was held on November 25, 2015, this time in Bengaluru in the house of accused Mohammed Afzal.
It was attended by accused-turned-approver Abdul Ahad and other accused Mohammed Afzal, Asif Ali, Syed Mujahid, Najmul Huda and Nafees. In this meeting, the NIA claimed, the structure of the organisation in Karnataka was decided and while the post of Ameer was kept vacant, Nafees was named his deputy, Najmul Huda as the battalion commander and Asif Ali as the Media Ameer.
It said Yusuf “advised” Ameer-e-Hind Mudabbir to “learn to make a time-bomb by using a mobile phone”. “At the instance of Yusuf, Mudabbir purchased a Yeptel mobile, a soldering rod, soldering wire and also conducted experiments,” the chargesheet stated.