Unable to find personal details of the alleged mastermind of the Mira Road call centre scam, the Thane Police probing the IRS scam have not yet succeeded in issuing a lookout notice for Sagar Thakkar alias Shaggy, police said. Investigators said a preliminary profile of Ahmedabad-based Thakkar reveals that he frequently travels out of India. The investigation has also revealed that Thakkar possesses a UK-registered cellphone number along with SIM cards from India, police said.”
“We have his pictures from his WhatsApp profile, the CCTV cameras at the raided call centres and even from Facebook but these aren’t enough to put out a lookout notice against him,” said an officer. Thakkar has been at large since the Thane Police raided eight call centres in Mira Road on October 5.
The officer added that a search for Thakkar’s passport details has yielded no results so far. “We are collecting more information about him and will forward it to the Special Branch who will further coordinate with the Foreigners Regional Registration office (FRRO). The organisation will put out a lookout notice at various airports. We would then be able to get more accurate information then on his movement,” said a senior police officer.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The Thane Police team that went to look for him at his Ahmedabad residence over the weekend found the 24-year-old and his family missing. The team found the Ahmedabad address to be a one-room-kitchen apartment where he lived till around four years ago before hitting the ‘big league’.
Meanwhile the Thane police are verifying information they received that Thakkar could be holed up in Dubai. A senior investigator added that they are on the lookout for a few more suspects, including Tapesh Gupta. “More lookout notices will be issued. A few more suspects are wanted as they have a larger role to play in the conspiracy,” the investigator added.