Suspected Pakistan-based groups have hacked the official web portal of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) belonging to the Income Tax department.
Officials said the website–http://www.irsofficersonline. gov.in– was hacked early Saturday and it has been rendered inaccessible since then.
They said messages were posted on the link like “Pakistan Zindabad” and “we are team Pak cyber attacker”.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The website, which acts as an official communicator for official work between the Central Board of Direct Taxes and the IT department field offices in the country, has put up a message saying, “We’ll be back soon! Sorry for the inconvenience but we’re performing some maintenance at the moment.”
- PCDA(O) tells Army Officers not to open suspicious mails
- ‘Hackers from Pak’ take down IRS website
- Home page of Uttarakhand govt’s website hacked
- CA student booked for hacking into Anil Ambani's income tax account
- Intrusions into govt websites highest this year
- More opting for online route to file tax returns
The technical team handling the website has sent a report in this regard to the Computer Emergency Response Team of India (CERT-In), which is the nodal agency to combat hacking, phishing and to fortify security-related defences of the Indian Internet domain.
They said a security audit is being undertaken of the online portal and added that no sensitive or secret information was uploaded on the said Universal Resource Locator (URL) of the IRS community working in the IT department.