Senior IPS officer Ram Phal Pawar has been appointed as Joint Secretary, Natgrid– proposed intelligence gathering mechanism–as part of mid-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the government. As many as six new Joint Secretaries have been appointed in various ministries. Of them, only one is an IAS officer. These appointments assume significance as various central civil services have been seeking equal job opportunities enjoyed by IAS officers.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Pawar, who is at present working in his cadre state West Bengal, has been appointed to the post for five years, an order issued by Department of Personnel and Training said.
Natgrid is a robust intelligence gathering mechanism being set up to track any terror incident and suspect and to enhance India’s counter terror capabilities functions under Home Ministry.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Pawar has been appointed in place of IAS officer Rajiv Arora, who was in May appointed as Joint Secretary in Labour and Employment Ministry.
Reena Sinha Puri, an Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax), has been appointed as Joint Secretary and Financial Adviser in Coal Ministry.
IAS officer Sarada G Muraleedharan has been appointed as Director General (JS level) in National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) here.
Ravi Kant, an officer of Indian Ordnance Factory Service, has been appointed as Joint Secretary in Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare.
Indira Murthy and Rajneesh Tingal have been appointed as Joint Secretaries in Cabinet Secretariat and Department of Pharmaceuticals respectively. Both are officers of Central Secretariat Service.